Gateway Electronic Components is a UK based distributor of electronic components with a field of influence in specialist Passive Components, Ferrite and Magnetics Components, and Connectivity Solutions for the Internet of Things applications.
Following the company’s expansion into ferrite core machining and gapping services to support its UK and European customers, the company is extending its product management team with the creation of a new role.
Job Title: Assistant Product Manager
The company now seeks to recruit an ambitious and versatile person with strong engineering skillsets to supervise the day-to-day running of the newly installed machine shop, but who will also be required to assist other members of the product management team in the development and delivery of the company’s product management strategies. This may include definition of stocking portfolios from key manufacturer partners; the management of the company’s online trading websites; negotiation of pricing agreements with manufacturer partners; management of resell pricing levels; and marketing and publicity support to maintain the company’s market profile. The individual will also be required to support internal and external sales staff on matters of a technical nature.
They will be required to liaise with manufacturing partners to determine the most effective use of the machine shop resource to satisfy the customers’ expectations. The candidate would also be expected to support the technical manager with commercial demands to maximise the available capacity of the machine shop and associated programme.
- Operate NC and CNC machines
- Carry out detailed test procedures
- Create CAD drawings and manage the CAD database
- Manage the day to day task of the machine shop
- Manage the machines job schedules
- Manage stock of machine tools and work holdings.
- Liaise with suppliers to drive further efficiencies into the machine shop
- Liaise with customers to understand their requirements
- Work closely with local engineering companies to provide other value-added solutions to the company’s customers.
- Support the technical manager in specifying new equipment and introducing new systems to improve efficiencies.
- Support the technical manager on technical product queries.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in electronic and/or mechanical engineering disciplines, and maybe supported by relevant qualifications. They would be expected to take hands on approach to their tasks and help guide apprentices in fulfilling machining operations.
The candidate should have a high attention to detail and experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage. Experience in operating NC and CNC machinery and CAD software is preferable but not essential.
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
- Specialist Distribution – A blog from Keith Rogers 6th September 2019
- Brexit ‘No-Deal’ scenario preparations by Gateway 30th August 2019
- Snyper-LTE-Graphyte Demo 21st August 2019
- Have You Got What It Takes To Be Our Next Product Manager? 30th July 2019
- We are Recruiting! 24th July 2019