The MnZn-based PC200 ferrite material is characterized by low losses at high frequencies. It was developed specifically for power supplies and frequency converters that operate with fast-switching power semiconductors on a GaN basis. The new material is optimized for a frequency range from 700 kHz to 4 MHz. Its maximum transmissible power is reached at a switching frequency of 1.8 MHz to 2 MHz and an operating temperature of 100 °C. The ferrite material’s Curie temperature is in excess of 250 °C.
The PC200 ferrite material is particularly suitable for transformers based on ring core or planar topologies. The new material is available in ER, EFD, ELP, EQ, I and RM cores. The outstanding properties of this material will enable considerably more compact power supplies to be designed in future. At the same time, its efficiency is improved due to the low losses of the ferrite material, which is why the use of PC200 contributes to significantly greater energy savings.
- Case Study – CCTV 22nd May 2019
- Richard Dunning is Marathon Running!! 24th April 2019
- IoT Tech Expo 2019 16th April 2019
- Roadmap – Driving you to the right Ferroxcube Material 18th February 2019
- MFC4320 – Metal Foil on Ceramic Chip Resistors from TT Electronics 2nd November 2018