New ferrite cores enable additional copper losses to be reduced by up to 70 percent. The core design using distributed air gaps permits higher operating frequencies and smaller inductive components to be used in power supply systems. By reducing electromagnetic emissions, the additional copper losses at high frequencies are also reduced. Thanks to the identical distributed gaps in the center posts, the magnetic field emission to the environment is effectively prevented.
Ferrite cores are available with distributed air gaps in E, EQ, ER, ETD, PM and PQ core designs, and with all EPCOS power materials. Solutions with three identical air gaps offer the best price/performance ratio for applications, in which 2 or 3 times the switching frequency is used in comparison with the original frequency. Apart from standard solutions, a customer-specific number of air gaps can also be implemented.
The main applications for the new cores are in storage chokes and transformers in switch-mode power supplies and inverters.
To download click the link:
- Case Study – CCTV 22nd May 2019
- Richard Dunning is Marathon Running!! 24th April 2019
- IoT Tech Expo 2019 16th April 2019
- Roadmap – Driving you to the right Ferroxcube Material 18th February 2019
- MFC4320 – Metal Foil on Ceramic Chip Resistors from TT Electronics 2nd November 2018